The original post in Filipino was supposed to appear in the blog for Baha-bahagdang Karupukan. So here is the news in English…
My Filipino poetry book, Baha-bahadang Karupukan, is a finalist at the 31st National Book Awards in the Philippines. It’s a great joy, but I would have been even happier if her twin sister Alien to Any Skin (I call them Karu and Skin, by the way) had also been selected.
At sa kabutihang palad napasama ang Baha-bahagdang Karupukan sa mga finalists! Sayang at hindi napili ang kakambal na aklat nitong Alien to Any Skin.
Eto ang bahaging ikinatuwa ko:
VIRGILIO S. ALMARIO PRIZE FOR POETRY IN FILIPINO
1. Ang Pantas (The Prophet), translated by Ruth Elynia S. Mabanglo, C&E Publishing for De La Salle University
2. Baha-Bahagdang Karupukan: mga tula mula sa kalahating-daigdig, by Jim Pascual Agustin, University of Santo Tomas Publishing House
3. Dalawang Pulgada at Tubig: Mga Tula ng Tahimik na Ligalig, by Emmanuel Quintos Velasco, University of Santo Tomas Publishing House
4. Distrungka, by Teo T. Antonio,University of Santo Tomas Publishing House
5. Ilaw sa Mata, by Joaquin Sy, Marne L. Kilates, and Benito Tan, Kaisa Para sa Kaunlaran